- 1/3 cup water (or if feeling decadent, sake)
- 2 Tbls oyster sauce
- 1 Tbls red miso paste
- 1 tspn soy sauce
- 1 tspn sesame oil
- 1 tspn tobanjan, spicy red bean paste
- 1 tspn sugar
- 1 tspn potato starch (or 1/2 tspn corn starch)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch bit of ginger, grated
- 1 or 2 spring onions, white parts finely chopped, green part sliced.
- 150-200g of mince pork/beef
- 400g of tofu.
- Mix together the oyster sauce, miso paste, soy sauce, seasame oil, tabanjan, sugar and potato starch in a measuring jug until a paste. Then add the water and mix it until there are no lumps.
- Heat seasame oil in a pan with a medium heat. Fry the white parts of the spring onion, garlic and ginger for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Then turn up the heat and add the mince. Stir fry until all the mince is cooked.
- Turn down back to a medium heat, then add the sauce mixture and heat up. Slice the tofu into chunks and add to the pan. Cook until the tofu is heated through and the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle the chopped green parts of the spring onion on to and serve with steamed rice.